Yann has been practicing bankruptcy law since 1988. With nearly three decades of experience in bankruptcy law, Yann has served a variety of clients and interests in bankruptcies, out-of-court restructurings and assignments for the benefit of creditors. Yann heads the firm’s insolvency, restructuring and bankruptcy practice.
Yann’s Trustee Practice
Since 1993, Yann has served with distinction as a member of the Panel of Bankruptcy Trustees for the Southern District of New York (Manhattan). In addition to his own cases, Yann has represented a number of other panel and non-panel trustees in New York and other jurisdictions. He has directly handled and supervised numerous litigations in the bankruptcy, district and state courts, from recovery actions to complex fraud cases.
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- Bard College (B.A., 1985)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Registers of Mediators for the United States Bankruptcy Courts, Eastern and Southern District of New York
- Collier Bankruptcy Manual (Lexis Nexis)
Yann serves in an ongoing role as a contributing author to “Collier Bankruptcy Manual”, the preeminent treatise on bankruptcy law.
- Collier Bankruptcy Practice Guide (Lexis Nexis)
Yann serves in an ongoing role as a contributing author to the “Collier Bankruptcy Practice Guide,” a guidebook combining legal analysis with practical procedural and strategic advice.
- Beyond Law, Community
Yann serves as chair of the Leadership Council of HEAF, a non-profit education and youth development organization that helps public school students from Harlem and the surrounding communities succeed in school, career and life.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- New York County Lawyer’s Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- ABI Mediation Committee
- Board of Directors
- Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF), Chair of the Leadership Council
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (ex officio)
- Winter 2018
Cyber Risks for the Trustee, an Introduction
American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal
- 2017 to Date
Collier Bankruptcy Manual
- November 22, 2016
E-Discovery Takes the Chaos Out of Your Bankruptcy Case
Break Through the Barrage of Data with eDiscovery
Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors Journal
- April 27, 2015
New York Law’s Application of the “Unfinished-Business” Doctrine in the Thelen Liquidation
American Bankruptcy Institute
- 2014 to Date
Collier Bankruptcy Practice Guide
- December 2, 2013
Analyzing the Post-‘Stern’ Landscape in New York
New York Law Journal
- September 2012
Will Terminating Tenant Interests Unlock Value?
Journal of Corporate Renewal