Prior to joining the firm in 2013, Michael practiced for 8+ years as a senior attorney in the Private Equity and Private Investments Funds practice groups of Proskauer Rose LLP. Michael handles a wide variety of corporate matters including domestic and international venture capital, private equity, real estate and hedge funds formations, mergers and acquisitions, venture investments, financings and dispositions, corporate restructurings, new business formation, startup advisory and joint-venture transactions.
Michael has represented a number of venture funds/private equity funds and portfolio companies. Notable venture funds/investment teams include RRE Ventures, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Baker Capital, Halo Ventures and Lux Capital. Notable portfolio companies include aSmallWorld, Exosome Diagnostics, MediaNet, Legacy Direct and Passlogix.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2004), with a concentration on Business Law; co-founder and development editor of the Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property.
- Northwestern University – Kellogg School of Management (M.B.A., 2004), with concentrations in Finance, Accounting and Entrepreneurship.
- Depaul University (M.S., 1999), graduated with Honors; majored in Software Engineering, Database Design and Object Oriented Programming.
- The University of Chicago (B.S., 1997), graduated with Honors.
- Investor of ARC Angel Fund since 2011
- Investor of ENIAC Ventures since 2011
- Member of Board of Directors of Pogby since 2012
- Board Observer of Human Demand since 2012
- Board Observers of Sonic Notify since 2012
- Board of Advisors of Relevant Mobile since 2011
- Board of Advisors of Alluring Logic since 2010
- Treasurer of FF Fraternity, an international fraternity of Chinese professionals
- Member of the Alumni Club of New York of Kellogg School of Management.
- Co-founder of DEV Advisors since 2012
- Co-founder and Managing Director of Digital Entertainment Ventures since 2012
- Mentor to the Pipeline Fund, which trains women philanthropists to become angel investors, since 2011
- Forbes.com, Contributor
- Professional Recognition –
Selected as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2015).
- New York
- Super Lawyers New York Metro (2016 – 2020)