Prior to joining the firm in December 2011, Michael was a corporate and securities partner in the New York offices of Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP for 6 years, DLA Piper for 9 years and Brown Raysman & Millstein for 10 years.
Michael has extensive experience representing a wide variety of domestic and international business entities and individuals in mergers and acquisitions, public and private debt and equity offerings, private equity and venture capital transactions, securitizations, joint ventures and other corporate, financial, employment and business matters. He has represented both issuers and underwriters in corporate finance transactions. Michael regularly counsels New York Stock Exchange members and other investment banking firms in domestic, offshore and cross-border securities offerings and advises on a variety of matters for investment advisors and investment partnerships. His practice also includes general business advice and day-to-day counseling to public and private companies, partnerships and individuals in a broad spectrum of substantive areas, including financial services, health care, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, retail, manufacturing, fashion, communications and technology.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (J.D., 1973).
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., 1970) with honors.
- Founding Board Member and General Counsel of Aidspan, a Kenya-based not-for-profit corporation that acts as an independent watchdog of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, 2002-2004.
- Founding Board member and General Counsel of Foundation for Treatment of Children with AIDS from 1995 to 2005.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Association of Legal Aid Attorneys from 1974 to 1976.
- New York