Lauren specializes in labor and employment litigation. Lauren has extensive experience in all aspects of employment law, particularly the litigation of sexual harassment, sex, age, race, and disability discrimination, wrongful discharge, and restrictive covenant claims, in both the State and Federal Courts. Lauren appears for the Firm’s large and small employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor and various city and state agencies. Lauren has also litigated claims of retaliation, breach of restrictive covenants, unfair competition, failure to pay overtime, misclassification of employees, copyright and trademark infringement and other alleged violations of the law. Lauren also regularly counsels clients on best employment practices, employee handbooks and policies. Lauren frequently leads training sessions for business professionals on workplace sensitivity and awareness.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren spent six years as a private criminal defense attorney in the Bronx and Manhattan where she tried over 30 cases before judges and juries in State and Federal court.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D., 1994).
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 1991)
- Member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member of New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Supreme Court of the United States