Jonathan advises hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, and other pooled investment vehicles and their managers on all aspects of fund formation, operations and regulatory compliance. Jonathan’s clients include:
- U.S. and non-U.S. fund managers
- Investment advisers
- Commodity trading advisors (CTAs)
- Commodity pool operators (CPOs)
- Family offices
- High net worth and institutional investors
- Chief compliance officers, portfolio managers and investment advisor representatives.
- UCLA School of Law, (J.D., 2000)
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1996)
- Member of the New York City Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- New York
- Panelist and Organizer, “An Emerging Manager’s Guide to First Year Success,” Panel discussion hosted by Reitler Kailas & Rosenblatt LLC, September 2018.
- Speaker, “Hidden Issues for New Fund Managers,” Private Equity and Venture Capital Roundtable hosted by Anchin, Block & Anchin, June 2018.
- “Registration, Exemption and Compliance Requirements for Private Fund Managers,” VC Experts Blog, April 2016.
- “Annual Compliance Considerations for Investment Advisers,” Presentation Given to the Financial Planning Association of New York, November 2014.
- “SEC Adopts New Family Office Rule,” Private Asset Management Magazine, October 2011.
- “How Regulation Affects CTAs,” Opalesque Futures Intelligence, June 23, 2010.