Following law school, Ed clerked for the Hon. J. Edward Lumbard (United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit). He then joined Cravath, Swaine & Moore in 1991. He joined the firm in 1998 as a member.
Ed handles a wide variety of corporate matters including private equity, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, fund formation, capital markets and joint- venture transactions. Ed is one of the leading venture attorneys in the northeast and has represented dozens of venture funds and their portfolio companies. Notable venture funds include Las Olas, Armory Square, Tishman Speyer Proptech, Spark Capital, FTV Capital, Safeguard Scientific, Edison Partners, Starvest, First Round Capital, Milestone Ventures, Tribeca Venture Partners, New Spring Capital, New Atlantic Ventures, Osage Venture Partners, Paladin Capital, SJF Ventures, ff Venture Capital, Krillion Ventures, Vocap Ventures, Savano Capital, Chartline Ventures, Blue Cloud Ventures, Health Catalyst Capital, Contour Ventures and IA Ventures. Notable portfolio company clients include Ollie, Leaf Logistics, Rhino, BFS Capital, Warby Parker, MediaMath, 7 Park Data, Triple Lift, Magnetic Media, BillTrust, LifeStreet, Service Channel, Spongecell, Yieldbot, Kemp Technologies, MSL Direct and Aspire Financial.Read more
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1990), magna cum laude, where he was an Editor and a contributor to the Journal of Law and Public Policy and a contributor to the Harvard Journal of Legislation.
- University of South Carolina Honors College (B.A., 1987), magna cum laude, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and the Golden Key Honors Society.
- Former member of the Board of Directors of BFS Capital (recapped by Edison Partners)
- Member of Board of Directors of gCommerce Inc. since 2000
- Member of the Limited Partner Advisory Committee of SJF Ventures since 2016
- Observer of the Board of Directors of Cirrus Data Solutions since 2014
- Former Member of Board of Directors of BrightBox (sold to Kwikboost)
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of Blink Twice (sold to Dynavox (DVOXQ))
- Founder of Reitler Opportunity Capital, an opportunistic venture fund investing in both primary and secondary financings
- Founder of Angel Round Capital, the first member led seed fund in New York
- New York
- Ranked New York Super Lawyer (2013 – 2020)