Crayton has over 25 years of experience advising public and private clients on a wide variety of corporate transactions, including cash and stock mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, corporate reorganizations, joint ventures and strategic alliances, with a primary focus on private equity transactions. He also advises management and boards of directors on organizational, governance and “general counsel” issues. Representative experience includes:
- Private Equity – Acquisitions and investments in a variety of industries, including energy, medical services, broadcasting, satellites, auto parts, publishing, and others.
- Start-Ups and Early-Stage Companies – General corporate, governance and transactional advice to early-stage businesses and investors, and assistance with various operational and contractual matters.
- Energy, Power & Utilities – Ranked for several years by Chambers USA as a leading lawyer for corporate transactions in the energy sector. Notable public transactions include representation of a foreign buyer in its first U.S. acquisition of a public utility, representation of a private equity firm in the first leveraged buyout of a public utility in the U.S., and representation of both corporate and private equity clients on transactions involving renewable energy, power plants, and transmission assets.
- Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy – Have worked extensively with financial restructuring and bankruptcy practices, representing both creditors’ committees and debtors on numerous 363 sale transactions and plans of reorganization, including the Enron, Refco and Lehman Brothers bankruptcies.
- Outsourcing, – Have also worked on a variety of IT and business process outsourcing transactions, including representation of the National Health Service in the UK
- Fordham University School of Law, (J.D., 1991)
- Vanderbilt University (M.A., Economics, 1982)
- The University of the South (B.A., 1981)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member and Treasurer, Stonington Harbor Yacht Club, Stonington, CT
- New York