Search by First or Last Name
Search by Location:
Search by Practice Area:
Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1977), where he was an Editor and a contributor to Law and Policy in International Business, the International Law Journal of the Georgetown University Law Center.
Bowdoin College (A.B., 1974), summa cum laude, where he was a James Bowdoin Scholar.
Peter handles a wide variety of corporate matters, including private equity, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, capital markets, joint venture and technology commercialization transactions. Peter has represented several merchant banks, buy out and venture funds, as well as their portfolio companies, in these matters, including Dillon Read, D.H. Blair, NeoNet A.B., National Securities Corporation, Enhanced Capital, Adirondack Ventures, Advantage Capital, Stonehenge Capital, HighPeaks Ventures, Edison Ventures, Rho Ventures, Osage Partners, SJF Ventures, Tribeca Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Borealis Ventures and Village Ventures.
During his legal career, Peter has also worked at the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, both in Washington, D.C., and at several of the largest law firms in the United States. He joined the firm in 2011.
Peter is a frequent speaker and panelist on issues related to the venture capital markets and is a frequent guest lecturer on venture capital finance and business organization issues at New York University Stern School of Business and the New York University ITP Program.
Professional & Community Involvement
• Lawyer in Residence for the New York University Stern School of Business, Berkley Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Named its Mentor of the Year in 2008.
• Legal counsel to Ultra Light Startups, which operates a monthly series of meetings for the national community of emerging growth companies
• Member of the Board of Trustees of the New Rochelle Public Library, including two years as its President
• Member of the Charter Revision Commission of the City of New Rochelle
• Member of the Board of Trustees of the Soundview Preparatory School
• Author of the Ultra Light Startups website “Legal Q&A” column